Upcoming Events
  • Academic Signing Day moved to Friday, May 24
The Student News Site of La Mirada High School

El Toro

El Toro

El Toro

Crepes & Grapes

Club Rush Gives Opportunity for Students to be Involved

Students sign up for Fashion Club during Club Rush on September 6 in the quad.

High school is a time full of transformation, academic challenges, and personal growth. One experience during this transformative period is La Mirada High School’s annual Club Rush. It is a time when students can explore their interests, find their niches, meet new people, and possibly even build their resume, all in the quad. This vibrant occasion is filled with banners, tables decorated and set up under canopies, and club members hopeful you will join. One of the best parts of Club Rush is how diverse the clubs are in what they have to offer. You may find yourself stumbling upon the newly created Boba or French Club, or learn about some of La Mirada’s long standing clubs like Matador Scholar Academy (MSA) or Interact Club. Or even lean into your culture with Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI), Hermanos Unidos, and Black Student Union (BSU), to name a few.  Participating in such clubs can provide students with skills that can be developed beyond the classroom, for a well-rounded school year. Colleges and universities often look upon club members who have shown a passion for learning and growth that make you a well-rounded person. La Mirada’s Club Rush is more than just an event. It is a great opportunity to explore and nurture the possibilities of what you can be a part of. If you didn’t get a chance this year to sign up for any clubs, don’t hesitate next time to write your name by Poetry or Feminist Club, because there truly is something for everyone.