Upcoming Events
  • Academic Signing Day moved to Friday, May 24
The Student News Site of La Mirada High School

El Toro

El Toro

El Toro

Crepes & Grapes

Goodman Stadium Opening

Alexa Martinez
Principal Ben Webster, and Assistant Principals Janice Kroupa, Jacqueline Lucero, and Javier Gonzalez
District Staff- leads of project, Edith Florence and Linda Bohm

After 5 years of waiting, Goodman Stadium has opened as of May 23rd, 2024. Many people were in attendance at the stadium opening including staff, students, and the Norwalk-La Mirada school board. Principal Ben Webster led the opening speech with ASB President Sofia Orozco leading the pledge of allegiance to follow. Thanks were given to the construction staff, along with district staff, Edith Florence and Linda Bohm- who led this stadium to its glory. After Principal Ben Webster gave his thanks, The staff and Mr. Webster finally cut the ribbon and Goodman Stadium was officially open. Soccer Captain Giovanni Mejia stated the opening for Goodman Stadium was a welcome home as he states “ Even though I’m not able to enjoy and play in this stadium, it still feels like a welcome home. It has been so long since La Mirada has called a stadium home and finally, that day is here.” The long-awaited journey has finally come to an end as staff and students of our amazing school can finally enjoy Goodman Stadium like never before.