Upcoming Events
  • Academic Signing Day moved to Friday, May 24
The Student News Site of La Mirada High School

El Toro

El Toro

El Toro

Crepes & Grapes

Winter Break Adventures for La Mirada Students

Over La Mirada High School’s winter break, many of the students have had a joyful time, spending their break engaging in activities they enjoy. One of these students was senior Asher Farrey, a member of the La Mirada High School Filmmaking club. As a member of the filmmaking club, Farrey decided to spend some of his winter break watching some new films to take inspiration from for his own movies. One of these movies was American crime thriller “Training Day”, starring Denzel Washington. Farrey said he enjoyed the film, giving it four and half stars out of five. Farrey enjoyed the film so much that he started to do movie reviews on his Instagram account stories. In an interview with Farrey, he said that the movie’s main character, played by Denzel Washington, “reminded him of Miss Zurn.” Farrey also said the movie was “really suspenseful, with it having me constantly at the edge of my seat.” Another student at La Mirada High School, senior Diego Tavera, spent some of his time over the winter break taking selfies to share with his family and friends. In these selfies, Tavera would make funny faces, specifically with his chin, in order to appeal to his younger sister who he saw over the break, and to get her to laugh. Tavera took four of these photos, each looking similar to one another yet having different types of lighting, positioning, and slightly different facial expressions in order to tell the difference between them. Finally, another senior, Anthony, had a picture of him going on a hike during his break. In this photo, the American flag can be seen behind him as he stands on the top of a mountain. Anthony said that “the hike was an enjoyable experience” and that he would definitely like to go there again. He enjoyed hiking, which is why he used the free time that the break had in order to be able to go on another trail.