Upcoming Events
  • Academic Signing Day moved to Friday, May 24
The Student News Site of La Mirada High School

El Toro

El Toro

El Toro

Crepes & Grapes

Themed Friday Night Lights in the Student Section

Dee Tintle
La Mirada High School “USA” Student Section

If you’ve seen groups of students wearing pajamas to a football game, it should not be surprising to you. Student sections at school sporting events have gained popularity around the nation. Competitions even sprang up between schools of which student section was better. The La Mirada High School Associated Student Body (ASB) has been planning and executing themes for the student sections for several years now. Some of the past themes include “Matador Madness,” “Pool Party,” “USA,” “Construction,” “College Prep” and “Pajamas.” This Friday, for the Homecoming Game versus Mayfair, the theme is “Blackout,” which comprises of students wearing all black clothes as they prepare for a rival game against the Monsoons. Junior Salma Stroup remarked, “The student sections are fun because you can feel the energy with other students and the school pride.” Stroup continued, “ASB does a great job leading the crowd during the football games.” Once the stadium is completed, the student sections and games are bound to be even better.