Upcoming Events
  • Academic Signing Day moved to Friday, May 24
The Student News Site of La Mirada High School

El Toro

El Toro

El Toro

Crepes & Grapes

Class of 2027 ASB Elections

Freshmen elections took place September 12, 2023 to September 13, 2023 with many candidates running for positions such as Class President and Spirit Coordinator. Winners were announced on September 15 introducing the new freshmen members of La Mirada’s ASB. 

The new freshmen vice president is Keliana Gonzalez Hernandez. She is a part of the girl’s varsity volleyball team. She decided to join ASB as she was intrigued by the process of everything they do and wanted to be a part of it. Keira Hanna, who is this year executive vice president, inspired Gonzalez Hernandez when it came to deciding to be a part of ASB. She was inspired by how determined Hanna was in ASB. Gonzalez Hernandez is looking forward to planning rallies throughout this upcoming school year and plans to stay in ASB all four years to one day be a part of the executive board her senior year.  

The freshman spirit coordinator is Ahrianna Grayson. She was a part of ASB during middle school as she enjoyed being involved showcasing her leadership and creativity skills she knew she wanted to be a part of ASB in high school. She chose to run for the spirit coordinator position as she wanted to be a part of planning school spirit related events. Grayson offers social skills, positivity, leadership skills and enthusiasm which makes her a good addition to ASB. As this will be her first year in ASB, Grayson is looking forward to meeting new people and helping them out. She is excited for the events as she will be alongside the rest of the ASB members in planning and seeing how the whole process is. Grayson plans to be a part of ASB all four years of high school.

The freshmen activities coordinator is Jolie Martinez. She wanted to be a part of ASB in high school as she did not have the chance to when she was in middle school. She wanted to run for the Activities Coordinator Position as she wanted to be included in the process of planning and organizing school events. Martinez is excited about helping plan school events this school year as she gets to see the behind the scenes of it all. She is planning to be a part all four years of high school as she is excited to learn the new opportunities she will come across while be a part of it. 

Isaac Dionne was elected Freshman Class President for the class of 2027. All of the ASB members are assigned to committees and they help contribute to working on events and making the school year a success.